- 200g English Green Asparagus
- PaPa Spice Hot Chilli Sauce
- 200ml fresh orange juice (no bits)
- 2 tablespoons of Chardonnay vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijion mustard 10g
- 100ml of Olive oil
- 100ml of Rapeseed oil
- Salt to taste
For the vinaigrette:
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, using medium to high heat (you will also need to prepare a bowl of ice water at this point because you will need it immediately after boiling the asparagus)
- Add some salt to the water then blanch your asparagus for roughly one minute. Double check to see if it’s cooked (the spears should turn bright green).
- Using a slotted spoon take out the asparagus and place them in the ice water (this will help to refresh and retain its colour).
- Dry the asparagus, using a hot griddle pan grill your asparagus to get a nice chargrill flavour, drizzle with olive oil and season using sea salt and pepper.
- For the vinaigrette add the orange juice, mustard, vinegar, honey then blend. Slowly add in the rapeseed oil and olive oil till you get a dressing consistency, season to taste. Add 2 tablespoons of PaPa Spice Chilli Sauce.